Our friends over at Show Class magazine have cooked up a good way to motivate everyone to build a bike for Born Free 5. Do you want to go from "Regular Joe" to "World Famous Invited Builder"? Here's your chance to kick ass and showcase your skills, talent and work ethic. In the spirit of representative democracy, the winner will be determined by individual votes. No gerrymandering, super PACs or any other bullshit. Your fellow motorcycle enthusiasts will pick the guy who gets to call himself an official "Invited Builder" at Born Free 5, June 29th, 2013.
Here's How it Works:
• The bike has to be a new build, built by your own hands (no percentages... you know if you built it and can call it your own).
• Any individual (part of a shop or not) is eligible, it doesn't matter who you are.
• Anyone that wants to be in on it MUST let us know by November 1st... photos, plans and details are nice... we are gonna start posting up on it as soon as we get entries.... this way you can keep people up on what you're doing...
• Then we will need some details and in progress photos by January 15th, 2012.
• We will then put it up to a vote - that's where YOU the people come in. We will likely narrow the field ourselves so that it's manageable but only a little...
• Then the top 10 will move forward to the finals... then on April 1 we will have another update and vote to pick the final 5!
• Then the FINAL 5 bikes will be invited out to the Show Class party the day before Born Free.
• Ballots will be cast, and the People's Champ will be chosen.
• That bike will be in the main Born Free Builders show the next day.... the Winner IS an OFFICIAL BORN FREE BUILDER!
DO THIS: If you want to get in on the competition, send an email to email@example.com with your name, engine choice and year of your project. If you already contacted Show Class, they will be in touch.
EVERYONE ELSE: Just keep an eye on the Show Class blog for updates and be ready to vote for your favorite builder.