Being on bicycles for 40 years and motorcycles for 20 years I'm glad I can use that experience at Paul's Boutique BMX shop and as a Biltwell Dealer in the Netherlands, Europe. Loving almost everything on wheels and its hard to miss that at our shop: Classic cars, MX bikes, BMX Old School bikes, Harley-Davidson's, Skateboards are all over the place and the only thing that stops us is the lack of space. I started the Hoodlumsociety blog to show people what we are doing in our spare time, hope its interesting enough for you to visit us.
Being on bicycles for 40 years and motorcycles for 20 years I'm glad I can use that experience at Paul's Boutique BMX shop and as a Biltwell Dealer in the Netherlands, Europe. Loving almost everything on wheels and its hard to miss that at our shop: Classic cars, MX bikes, BMX Old School bikes, Harley-Davidson's, Skateboards are all over the place and the only thing that stops us is the lack of space. I started the Hoodlumsociety blog to show people what we are doing in our spare time, hope its interesting enough for you to visit us. Paul.
The 1986 H-D Racer is almost ready. Made a frame for the Redmax polyester XR fender/seat from an old FIT BMX frame and now its time to make a race stand to make it easy for the mechanic (Ba Mo Tech). Placed some "Bobbins" and of course my standard wheel stand didn't work so had to cut two more FIT BMX forks for the headtube pipe and will weld it to the stand to make it higher. Extra bar for strenght, welding this week and off to the powder coater. Biltwell is on board for supporting the 2016 Harley&Snow and Liberator Chopperspeedway events, hope we can find some more sponsors.
Preparation of putting the engine in the frame again. Still some small things to do but "engine meets frame" is very very soon. Can't wait to build this bike up again since I took it apart a year ago. Lots of photo's will help my memory...
Very excited news: ITS ALMOST READY!!!! Ba Mo Tech finished the building of the 1967 Ironhead engine and we only have to wait for a new starter and fix the starterbolts (thinner and shorter for the new Hitachi starter) This engine will be better than it left the factory 48 years ago and hope it runs for an 48 years again.
Last week my internet was dead, here WW#5, different projects: Sidecar for a customer and two coffee/saloon tables for the Misses. Different projects but very happy how they came together, hope you like them too. Hoodlum Designs for all your not common house furniture at your service.
Ordered a new splined shifter on Ebay and within a week it was mounted on the engine, fast delivery from the States still excists. Made the old clutchcable fit the Universal Motocross clutch lever so I can use standard Harley-Davidson clutch cables from now on. Have to make some adjustments at the sprocket cover but thats another WW.
Okay, lets start this serie again: Workshop Wednesday by Hoodlum Society season 2015/2016.
#1: Not a lot happened during the summer, just been riding a bit with the 1972 Ironhead to Axel and Herten (Germany), and our "own" show in Aarle-Rixtel. Got the speedometer calibrated with my iphone and solved the starting problems. Yes I managed to be out of gas again but I was in my driveway so it doesn't count....
Frame of the 1967 is ready for the engine. BA MO TECH is working hard to make it the best 1967 Ironhead in history, everything will be mapped and calibrated very precisely so it will be running for another 48 years.... Frame looks very good with a flat black powdercoat with a bit of flakes only to be seen in the sun. Placed some Old School Tioga headsetplugs to get rid of the holes under the seat, S&M BMX badge and grease nipple. Next are the headset cups, I keep you tuned every Wednesday.
Problems solved: It took a while to find "all" the problems but in the end it works fine now so I don't have to kick the bike anymore and just hit the button like an Internet Outlaw. Replaced the starter with the one from the '67 Ironhead, new Selenoid cause I cooked the other one, new selenoid rubber (new type) that will work way better. I made a spacer for the selenoid cause it was never gonna fit the starter housing, I really thought I "invented" something and made a bracket out of a Brembo brakebracket but when fitting the selenoid I found the "original H-D bracket" on the engine hahaha, so no patent pending... Replaced the wire by a shorter one and double insulated to be stronger. Bend the fork and bracket in the housing so they line up better and its all working now. Just hit the button and off we go.