What Are You Working On?

Billdozer spends more time in the forum than I do. I know this because he points out dozens of cool things every week that I seem to miss. Usually bike projects and fab tips, which is the stuff most of us come here to see. With their sometimes cryptic headlines, many build and project threads can be easy to miss. In the interest of clarity and efficiency, I've rounded up some noteworthy projects on the old 33 for your reference and enjoyment.

Now granted, some of these build threads were started a year ago. I'm not one to judge: my own Spartankiller project is 15 months and counting! I find these threads interesting because the men behind the machines seem so earnest and enthusiastic. No shame in that.

CMA406's Triumph

SOKFab's Turbo Rebel

Dracko's Triumph

Chrroe's XS650

66Triumph's you-know-what

Vinny's KZ400

Photos and tips for clean wiring

Notice anything strange here? No American iron in the fire. What's up, builders? If I missed your project in the American Bikes and Tech forum, please point us in the right direction.

Of course, another great place to find inspiration on ChopCult is in the Greatest Hits forum. Here are some of my favorites:

Special79's cheap-o tungsten grinder

Boylecomm's polishing tips

Vnygra's homemade bike lift wheel clamp

Beaner's safety wire tips

And since all play and no work makes Jack a poor boy, this thread about the day jobs of CC members is also interesting. As you can see, there's lots of talented fabricators and garage shop gurus on the old 33. Thanks to everyone who lends time and talent to our forum. I know this grease monkey values every little thing I've learned from you guys.

Keep the tech stuff coming, and good luck with your projects this winter.

Commented on 1-7-2011 At 02:47 pm

Lords of Loud Street Beater, in the American Section, FOOL!

Commented on 1-7-2011 At 02:51 pm

well, some crazy motherfucker named, um, william cochise, no... william the destroyer.... no. william covert. yeah. he wants to get with me and build a wicked little metric thumper chopper styled like you see in the far east. bikerMetric.com is full of 'em.

we hope to rally it off and donate to proceeds to dog rescue.

i think we'll call it the "vick fucker."

hey william, you crazy bastard. now it's worldwide!

Commented on 1-7-2011 At 03:45 pm

Sweet, my junky shit made the list! Now someone fix the link to my thread so I can become semi-famous on the internet, get rich over night, develop a drug/hooker addiction for a decade or so, over dose, but live, battle with personal demons, and live in a van down by the river until the ripe old age of 45 or 50.

xoxo -A.

Commented on 1-7-2011 At 03:51 pm

i had to represent..
[url]http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?p=125...[/url]

more us iron in the pit!

Commented on 1-10-2011 At 02:28 am

this is my winter project: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_E3SeMoPO_DM/TSiVcugScAI/...

xs400 dohc, 1982

Commented on 1-28-2011 At 09:16 am

Long ass Alaskan winter projects:

Commented on 6-17-2011 At 06:55 pm

WELL I'M CURRENTLY WORKING ON MY VERY FIRST CHOPPER BUILD . IT IS A 1971 IRONHEAD CHOPPER . IN WHICH I RECENTLY PURCHASED HERE IN MY HOME TOWN OF WOODLAND CAL. I FOUND IT ON CRAIGS LIST A BOUT A MONTH AGO. I PAID 2,000.00 DOLLERS FOR IT . IT HAS A NARROW SPRINGER FRONT END. ON A HARD TAIL FRAME. IV'E BEN WORKING ON IT EVERY SENCE I BOUGHT IT. MAKING MORE CHANGES AND UP GRADING EVERY THING THAT I CAN .

Commented on 10-11-2011 At 07:50 am

Well this thread is kinda dated...but my first build has a thread in American...94 sportster I dubbed "Spare Change". My second build is in there too, it's a repop Panhead chopper...making a lot of progress on it as of now.