Survivor: Time Capsule Triumph

You don’t have to be a wine connoisseur or a sex fiend to love ’69. As years go, few were more memorable. Woodstock. Man on the moon. The Manson murders. “Easy Rider.” Altamont. Vietnam. Two of these events--Fonda’s flick and the HA’s shenanigans at the Stones’ show—did more to thrust “The Biker Lifestyle” into the pop conscience than any events before them.

Before the reality of pending war in central Asia had sunk in, disgruntled hippies barely off their hangovers from the Summer of Love sought refuge from The Man aboard outlandish hand-built choppers. In the Golden State, enterprising motorcycle dealers were quick to capitalize on this craze.

HUBER box-shot.jpg

Chris Huber’s Triumph is a not-so-shining example of the dealer-spec freedom machines from that era. Forty years later, it looks even cooler cruising down PCH than it did after getting the Denver’s treatment by Burbank Triumph in '69. This is the Time Capsule's story.

Commented on 9-4-2009 At 06:11 am

I wish my bike had a Denver's front end from the factory...

Also, I hate the helmet law as much as the next guy, but this dude stopped riding just because he had to wear a helmet? if you truly love to ride it's a pretty small annoyance.

Commented on 9-4-2009 At 07:29 am

yeah more pot!

Commented on 9-4-2009 At 11:16 am

Great story, awesome machine!!

Commented on 9-4-2009 At 02:13 pm

The Gentleman Caller is looking dapper as always.

Commented on 9-4-2009 At 02:44 pm

Love that bike.

Commented on 9-4-2009 At 03:43 pm

Very nice machine indeed.

Commented on 9-4-2009 At 06:22 pm

More stories like this please! Oh yea, and more pot.

Commented on 9-5-2009 At 12:51 am

Good story

Commented on 9-6-2009 At 03:31 pm

Nice bike and a great story to go with it.

Commented on 9-6-2009 At 04:37 pm

I was born too late. Thanks for sharing!!

Commented on 9-7-2009 At 01:09 am

Top stuff.

Commented on 9-8-2009 At 09:08 am

Bad ASS bike.

Commented on 9-8-2009 At 01:12 pm

Sadly for me, that bike has more attitude than i would know what to do with. Just a great looking bike.

Commented on 9-9-2009 At 02:09 am

Wonderful story. Just as it should be to honor the fallen. Mr. McGruther, you've done the machine justice with your prose.

Commented on 9-11-2009 At 12:30 am

hell yeah HUBER!

Commented on 2-23-2010 At 07:36 pm

I'm also a rolling relic from 1969 my Sr. year of HS.) Back then I thought this style of bike was just dumb. Now I think it's kinda cool. But still dumb.

As to the fallen,some things haven't changed in all these years. We're still
fighting colonial wars in faraway places. Only history will tell whether their
sacrifices were worthwhile (as in Korea) or not. Had we won in Vietnam the
country might not be any freer, happier, or better run than it is today.

Commented on 2-23-2010 At 07:38 pm

As to the fallen,some things haven't changed in all these years. We're still fighting colonial wars in faraway places.Only history will tell whether their
sacrifices were worthwhile (as in Korea) or not.Had we won in Vietnam the
country probably would not be any freer, happier, or better run than it is today.

Commented on 2-23-2010 At 07:40 pm

I'm also a rolling relic from 1969,my Sr. year of HighSchool. Back then I thought this style of bike was just dumb. Now I think it's kinda cool. But still dumb.Back then i think we felt that Triumphs were already cool without having to doanything to them. Dylan rode one,Steve McQueen rode one. On the other hand,Elvis and the guys who worked at Pep Boys or at the carwash rode Harleys. So you had to do something to them to make them cool.
sacrifices were worthwhile (as in Korea) or not.Had we won in Vietnam the

Commented on 4-4-2011 At 02:56 pm

and now it's sitting in a garage in sydney australia!