It's not ChopCult policy to offer testimonials for old motorcycles, but we'll make an exception for our long-time friend and riding buddy Nick Goerdt from Phoenix, Arizona. When we bumped into Nick at Born Free 3, the faithful green machine he originally built for EDR 2 was sporting a "For Sale" sign. The only thing missing from Nick's trusty shovel was a ChopCult feature, so now the Green Machine is getting its 15 minutes of fame.
• '78 cone shovelhead
• 4-speed ratchet top transmission
• Santee frame, stock angles
• 39mm NarrowGlide forks with shaved top tree
• Spool front hub on 21" wheel
• Clip-on bars from an FZR
• Haifley Bros. seat
• Whackadoo tractor shifter/clutch lever
• Fancy rib added to tank to match the '34 Ford tire cover fender
• 1-1/2" belt drive primary
• Miscellaneous fabbed stuff: Motor/shifter mount, oil tank, fender struts, side-mounted taillight, rear brake/oil filter mount, seat mount, etc.
Nick has authorized us to make up something entertaining about this bike, and to mention again that it is for sale. The rideability and reliability of Nick's vivid green machine is no joke, so I'll let Nick's specs and the photos stand on their own. If you've got questions, please hit Nick up on Facebook. Nick lurks The Social Network semi-regularly, so responses to some inquiries might take a few days. Nick, if you're reading this feature and you want to include your phone number for speedy customer service, please add your digits in the comments.