Hot Topic: Doing It in The Red, White and Blue

Pride for quality, craftsmanship and creativity runs deep among custom motorcycle fans in these United States. A thread that was started in the main forum a couple weeks ago continues to rise to the top with contact information about the best and brightest builders and fabricators on American soil.

To read what ChopCult members have to say about these guys, click here. If you live in America and build motorcycle parts and accessories with your own hands, feel free to add photos and contact info about your goods and services. And if you've bought parts from any of the vendors or craftsmen listed, please tell us about your experience.

Thanks to everyone for their participation and their patriotism. E Pluribus Unum!

Commented on 2-24-2010 At 02:03 pm

This is definitely a great thread and topic to bring attention to. I'm always going to check this list FIRST when I need something for my scoot!

Commented on 2-24-2010 At 02:51 pm

i absolutely agree with ridemore. Made in The USA still means something to us!

Commented on 2-24-2010 At 03:13 pm

I normally buy only USA made goods, So that list will come in handy.
When I was a teen
My old man would give Me shit if I bought anything made abroad.
Sometimes It's tough finding what You need, & sometimes
It's more expensive, But I believe in supporting small American
companies & will continue to do so.
& finally....You will never find Me shopping at walmart, EVER!

Commented on 2-24-2010 At 03:27 pm

Keep mom and pop shops alive in the U.S.
It's what this country was built upon....

Commented on 2-24-2010 At 03:32 pm

Working with American copanies can be a daunting task, but is worth it in the end. 9 out of 10 times, it is a better made product, and better customer support to boot. As an example, I just picked up a Baker N1 shift drum for my Pan project. Easy to talk to and they answered my questions quickly. Great experience. Same with my airbrush. Everyone told me to get an Iwata but I went with the Paasche. I've used both and find my Paasche Talon pulls a finer line. Less money, too. USA all the way!

Commented on 2-24-2010 At 04:08 pm

I'm with all of you. I have been trying to only get my parts from local businesses and such. On rare occasion I'll buy something from ebay, or from an online retailer. I've used Licks cycles and speedway motors in the past and both were awesome to deal with.

Commented on 2-24-2010 At 04:26 pm

keep it all in the u.s.! its pretty hard but well worth it. in my industry its almost impossible but I do what I can.

Commented on 2-24-2010 At 05:04 pm

I JUST ORDERED A PART FROM FAB KEV.VERY EASY TO WORK WITH,I DID IT ON THE ADVISE OF IRISH RICH.I DID NOT HAVE THE TIME TO MAKE THE PART MY SELF AND THIS WAS THE BEST SOLUTION.I OWN DELUXE MOTOR CO. HERE IN COLORADO AND TRY MY BEST TO BUY AMERICAN IT IS GETTING HARDER BUT,I'M TRYING HARDER AS WELL.PLEASE SUPPORT THE AMERICAN GUYS. IT'S OUR LIFE BLOOD!

Commented on 2-24-2010 At 05:43 pm

You can't have a real economy if everyone is delivering pizza's to each other.

Commented on 2-24-2010 At 10:58 pm

And support the mom and pop, real bike shops. Like Superknuck's. Was in yesterday to get some help with my brakes and a couple other things, and this guy was awesome. Randall and Randy were top notch dudes. And I had a ball at there shop, learned a lot, and..... Hell I started a thread to let everyone know whats up. Search "Deluxe Motor Co." If you know of a good shop in your city like this one, start a thread so others know. Some of us are completely lost till someone sends us to the right place. And you never know if someone else is going to be traveling through your town, and need help with something. SUPPORT SMALL AMERICAN BUSINESS!!!! It is the life blood of our country.

Commented on 2-24-2010 At 11:08 pm

Never have any doubt how important your purchase is to a small business! Some times all it takes is one more sale to make ends meat!

Commented on 2-24-2010 At 11:56 pm

This is my first bike so as I look for parts to change it up I want to us American made parts.

Commented on 2-25-2010 At 05:06 am

AMEN BROTHER

Commented on 2-25-2010 At 05:30 am

any room for a made in Australia thread haha. probably only get 2 names!

Commented on 2-25-2010 At 03:38 pm

Throwing our hat in the ring…

Acme Chopper's been around a while, but our website and our time online is finally catching up with our design and manufacturing! We're on Chop Cult, and you can also check us out at www.acmechoppers.net. Thanks to everyone who builds and buys American... our economy needs you.

Commented on 2-25-2010 At 08:25 pm

My Uncle John refuses to buy a foreign made vehicle. When asked why, he said it's simple -they shot at my grand-dad..... He may be joking around, but the funniest part about it is that it's true...... Money goes in circles, keep it close and everyone around you will benefit. Buy something foreign - your money is headed somewhere else(whether they have a factory in the states or not), most likely China - fuck that. And screw the credit card companies too, cash is king.

Commented on 2-26-2010 At 04:44 pm

YOU NAILED IT STEVE,HIT DEAD NUTS ON THE HEAD.COULD'NT HAVE SAID BETTER MY OWN DAMN SELF.POWER TO THE NEXT GENERATION,AND KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK.

Commented on 2-27-2010 At 07:19 am

Seems as though the boys at NLAMC vintage motorcycle clothing didn't make the list. All of our products are made in the USA and mostly in So Cal. I would normally not have posted this, but seems as though Wes is really into self promotions these days. Check out our stuff at nlamc.blogspot.com

Commented on 2-27-2010 At 02:57 pm

Jedd, there's no way for us to get everyone on the list without people pitching in. Thanks for the reminder, I'll get NLAMC on the next update.

Commented on 3-1-2010 At 04:43 pm

Just funnin' bill. Seemed like a good spot to plug in a little self promotion. Self promotion is our business plan for 2010. It was Wes' idea.