EXTRA! EXTRA! Slab City Riot 3 Cancelled

During yesterday's pre-run of the Slab City venue, city officials in the area strongly advised cancelling the event. Failure to do so, we were told, might result in significant headaches from local law enforcement. To avoid such grief, Slab City Riot 3 is cancelled.

Our sincerest apologizes to the riders, sponsors and volunteers who have invested so much time and treasure leading up to this event.

SCR3_Flier1

The Wuss Ride is still pulling out of Temecula, CA, at 11:00 am Friday, and will end at a new undisclosed location for desert riding and camping.

If you want to go riding and camping with friends, please visit the Wuss Ride blog for more information.

Be forewarned: What the Wusses are doing Friday is NOT an official ANYTHING. This means bring your own food, bring your own booze, bring your own everything.

Again, we're sorry. Thanks for your understanding.

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 06:54 am

Super booooooo to the max. Bummer guys. We should "Occupy slab city" in protest.

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 06:54 am

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 07:25 am

Been looking forward to this shit for a year. Our group just dropped 2 bills on beer booze and food. Fuck the man were going. Its called slab city riot right?

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 07:53 am

WiZZardlarouche is betting on a win,win situation here trust me......

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 08:18 am

Lets roll!!

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 11:11 am

Why the fuck did they wait till the last minute to shut this thing down?

They have to have know about it for months!

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 01:46 pm

oink oink oink!

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 01:57 pm

Fucking bullshit. Free Country? Ya, right.

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 02:05 pm

Before you get angry with the city officials and 'local enforcement,' remember that you have several people to thank for this from last years event:

1) The folks who set fire to a bumper, bringing the cops and fire fighters.

2) The guys slamming on an old car through the night making a racket.

3) The people who think trash can be properly placed anywhere except a garbage can.

Slab may not be a cleanly paradise, but that does not mean a group of people can go there and treat it as they please.

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 02:10 pm

Boooooooo..... fu*k the man! I was all ready and looking forward to this event!!

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 02:25 pm

man..its totally weak to cancel this event..but im not surprised at all...The Man just one this war...back in the day this shit would have never been cancelled..this is the modern day biker attitude at its finest "talk the talk but dont walk the walk" all the more reason I dont go to any of this kind of shit anymore.

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 02:41 pm

#WUSS ARMY OCCUPATION!!!

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 03:11 pm

Don't the cops harass us everywhere anyways?

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 03:26 pm

It'll still be a great party, maybe even better without all the organized mayhem. You think Bill & Magoo will just shut down the shop?...you gotta be the new guys here. They've worked too damn hard to let it slip away completely. Just go with an open mind and it'll be better than you think.

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 03:47 pm

It's a new day and a new game plan......aint no one gonna no more fun than me.......

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 03:50 pm

I called this last year when the douches set the boat, car and whatever else they could find on fire. YOU DUDES CAUSED THIS, YOU SHIT ON THE LOCALS LAWN. What the fuck would you do? I'd dime your ass in a heartbeat if you treated my house like that. Hanging out and talking with the locals was one of the highlights of the trip for me, some interesting stories behind those people but you DOUCHES didn't give a shit, you just thought it would be cool to go all Mad Max, Great Humungus on the place like you rule the desert. THE COCKTAGON should be all of us beating the shit out of the dudes who ruined it for the rest...good luck on them coming forward and apologizing to everyone who lost time, money and respect (for the wrong reasons)....pussies.

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 03:59 pm

What's the deal with all this bullshit "Biker attitude?" Coming from just a regular guy who loves motos, give me a fucking break with the "back in my day... modern biker..." shit. The "official" event was shut down for a good reason, why would few guys want to be held responsible for any kind of mishap? No one is stopping you from going over to Slab yourself. The Wuss Ride is still on, and if you feel that it is not officially a "wuss" ride, make adjustments to your plan and occupy some other place. There are plenty of camping grounds in California.

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 04:03 pm

Suposed to rain friday, can you imagine what a cluster fuck that place turns into after a little rain. Weather was perfect last year. Who cares, go ride somewhere else, camp, do whatever you were gonna do, just not at the slabs. Buncha sheep that can't think for yourselves..."I only ride to events".Or you can show the rest of us how badass you are and "occupy slab city". Better put those signals back on, and switch out those pipes, or your gonna be calling your chick to come and pick you up.

*For all you "back in the day, we wouldn't have stood for this crap guys", I call bullshit- Dudes from back in the day aint on the internet

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 04:32 pm

Shit! will can we make destination of wuss ride friday night?

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 04:34 pm

For people who can not leave at 11am?

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 05:22 pm

Fucking whiners, put a sock in it and ride your fucking motorcycle. Instead of bitching, you should be thanking the Biltwell/Chop Cult crew and sponsors for sticking their neck out to make shit happen. It's not easy, even more so to have to deal with the logistics of trying to avoid a problem with locals, 500 plus bikers, the police, food, booze, etc.. etc.. etc... With anything good comes the haters, posers, and detractors. Understand, that you whiners and haters are a minority among a solid group of people out here keeping the good biker vibes alive. Whiners are part of the problem shit like this falls apart.

And for the "back in the day" bullshit, I'm so sick of hearing this shit!
GO PROSPECT for a legit club! Don't say you are in a "legit" club either, cause members don't go on the fucking internet and WHINE!

Shut the fuck up and ride your motorcycle, or just go beat your kids.

Sad the event went south, but very thankful that people like Bill,Mcgoo,Mike and others stick their neck out! I'm can get behind them anytime 100%

cro

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 05:31 pm

I appreciate the heads up. I was really looking forward to it so Lisa could see Salvation Mountain and experience the event. Sucks it was canceled but I'm going camping somewhere this weekend anyway. I'll just go with friends that have nothing to prove and have a good time.

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 05:51 pm

i feel bad for the event promoters/sponsors. they're out the most. it's not like they did this shit on purpose. remember, if you get cancer, don't blame biltwell. blame the cops.

we can all still ride. the wuss ride is still going off like a prom dress. i'll be there. everyone else should too. i'm pretty sure there will 40% less meth addicts at the new location.

there is room for more one teenaged biker in my sleeping bag. so think about it....

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 05:52 pm

I had a bad feeling about this year's police presence, after seeing 50+ pigs surrounding the campgrounds last year. As the web buzz grew this past year, they probably estimated a larger crowd with more fires, wild orgies and murder & mayhem they've seen on TV.
Keeping this low key is the way to go for future events. That may mean member-only threads, rules about posting on the internet and such, because honestly big brother is watching & this country is quickly turning into a police state. We have to fight for our right to party in this new age.

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 07:04 pm

Wow all you internet revolutionaries need to either shut the fuck up or set yourselves on fire in town square. I cant even wrap my head around all the finger pointing…especially at the Biltwell crew, they didn’t pull the plug…the local fuzz did and they (Biltwell) made you all aware that there is going to be more heat then there was in previous years. Id like to see how much finger pointing there would be had they not said anything and let all you wanna be outlaw chest out tough guys ride down there to have your bikes impounded. Yeah fight the power and walk your cryin asses home, or call mom to pick you up in the station wagon with your honor role cub scout bumper sticker… Suggestion… stick to what you know, don’t try and be a voice of generation unless your willing to actively take part and put others at risk for your actions. Biltwell and Chop Cult made the right call, I for sure would not wanna be the one to be responsible for a few hundred riders getting jammed up in the middle of the desert by some over zealous cops. Shit Id be willing to bet a majority of you with bull horns of revolt, never even had a parking ticket, no less a full on standoff with police… So C’mon guys you wanna beat the man, say fuck you Im riding anyway, Im riding beyond your reach somewhere a little tougher for you to break balls. Theres a huge difference between standing up for whats right and directly putting yourself in a volatile scenario just to say its for a cause. It’s a shit deal no matter how you look at it… I was at SCR last year cross the country from NYand although it was a rockin good time I felt the presence of the law… Its been a tough one all over, just ask anyone that attended the Rumblers show in Brooklyn….cops in full riot gear doesn’t make for a good time. Have fun whatever you guys decide to do…

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 07:29 pm

Well said Marco!

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 07:35 pm

Couldn't have said it better myself, Marco!

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 08:17 pm

RIGHT ON MARCO !
We gotta move on and stay one step ahead .

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 08:23 pm

Real bummer, but awesome post by Root. He hit the nail on the head.

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 08:29 pm

FUCK!!! Was looking forward to this for so long. Not gonna let it stop me from riding though. Just need a destination/campground. Anybody know any good rides outta San Diego?

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 08:36 pm

Does anyone realize that this will be a little easier for us to talk about publicly next week? Squidy, meet up with the Wuss guys and go for a nice ride with friends, not an organized event.

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 08:58 pm

It's not the local cops wanting to shut this down, they are just the means the locals have to use to ensure their home doesn't get shithoused again like last year. All you dumbasses that thought you were being cool rockstars and "a real biker" by setting shit on fire, pissing on everything in sight, and generally trashing every part of that town they could are the ones to blame for this. Man you had to really act like an asshole to get asked to not come back to Slab city if you think about it.

Commented on 11-3-2011 At 09:03 pm

thats a bummer. sorry to hear it!

Commented on 11-4-2011 At 12:18 am

Maybe if you called it something gay like Slab City Picnic, it wouldn't be shut down before it starts. I read that it was because of the people causing all the trouble last year, but maybe this would at least not cause a negative view and get the party in the door.

Anyway, its funny how no one ever wants to ride to this god forsaken desert, but if there's a party, people come hundreds of miles for it. I like within 30 mins from where ever its happening and doubt ill make it. Hahaha.

If you guys get hungry, there's a great burger joint called Burgers & Beer in El Centro.

Rene

Commented on 11-4-2011 At 02:41 am

Man I wish we even had events like this out here in Jersey. Oh wait we do, well sort of, but those spots are reserved for all the asshole clubs (yeah I'll say it: mostly Pagans and Wheels of Soul) that just take them over anyway. Furthermore it's really only me and my closest friends that ride and camp out and even then we're never going where Johnny Law can reach us anyway. I guess the point of all of that is we've realized rather quickly that after we all got our bikes, over time, that we automatically were on our own. Come to think of it we kind of like it that way. It's a great time to spend with the people we know and in places we can rely on. Though if there were any events around me (Ride To Skate being the only one of it's kind near me that I can think of off the top of my head) with like minded people if that too were cancelled, or like in my case last year, an impromptu camping trip was a nice back up plan. Kudos to the folks on here like Marco and the many other people here unsung on the matter that still support this "scene" or whatever it is, for what it really is about...fun. Remember having fun? Anyway to the dudes that put this all on and are still making a ride out of it FUCK YEAH! USA USA! be safe dudes and have a blast.

Commented on 11-4-2011 At 02:45 am

Seriously? When's the last time some of you "bad-asses" organized anything besides your sock drawer? I know from personal experience that these guys had to put in serious time & money putting any of these runs together. It takes a helluva lot more effort than one might think and carries with it a responsibility to anyone showing up.

So Bill, Harold, and crew, thank you for putting together another SCR and thank you for pulling the plug on a potentially giant pain-in-the-ass for everyone involved.

Commented on 11-4-2011 At 03:53 am

Harold would you bring a covered dish tomorrow. I will be hungry and tired when I show up.

Commented on 11-4-2011 At 05:05 am

I'd say something real deep here but Gabe, Cro and a few others stole my response.

Commented on 11-4-2011 At 06:32 am

All I know is that on Sat. morning, I will be pointing the front wheel of my bike towards California! By Saturday afternoon, I will be hangin out somewhere in the desert. my bedroll, my bottle of Jack and my harley.....I'm ABSOLUTELY SURE I will cross paths with a great many of you along the way! I will for CERTAIN see some of you on Saturday! Word to the wise, don't fill your pockets with anything you would not walk through an airport with! Big road block on the I 10, 2 miles from the Cali border all day and night yesterday on the AZ side. Stopping all vehicles, lots of friendly dogs there too! So Biker Beware!

Commented on 11-4-2011 At 01:39 pm

Hey, let's all look on the bright side. With absolutely no effort, I will remain the one and only cocktagon champ. Another year I get to wear the belt and live in my palace of victory.

Commented on 11-4-2011 At 04:27 pm

Even though I live several states away and won't be in attendance, something (named Billdozer) tells me that people should just mellow out and not awfulize this. I have a feeling that the unofficial Wuss ride may just be enjoyable enough for all of the "fuck the po-leese" crowd. Relax and enjoy your weekend!

Commented on 11-6-2011 At 07:16 pm

Plenty of what-ifs, yeah-buts and woulda/coulda/shoulda on the Innerwebs over this whole thing, but fortunately even more hardy brotherhood, helping hands and fuck-yeahs! At Ocotillo Wells this weekend. That was the secret spot we redirected the Wuss Riders to on Friday morning, and about 500 people managed to find a way to join the fun, even in torrential downpours Friday morning and Saturday night. Thanks to all the sponsors who remained committed to funding the event. The prizes you supplied will be given away as super low-mileage CC Mile Store premiums later this week. Thanks to the Douche LaRouche crew for bringing food, and to Duane Ballard and others for bringing firewood. Thanks to Wuss Riders Allen and Kit for all the good times and hard work  Thanks to BF Josh, Rebecah, FSK and Lowbrow for providing the whiskey bar, and to Mad Dog Moeller from S&M for running the DVD movie theatre. And last but DEFINITELY not least, thanks to all the self-motivated bros and chicks who got on their freedom machines to help us make lemonade from last Wednesday's lemons. You could have talked shit on the Internet, but you chose to face mutual hardship with like-minded motorcycle enthusiasts, and that says reams about your character. From all the volunteers and companies that helped make Operation Illusive Unicorn so fun, thanks for your support.

Commented on 11-6-2011 At 10:54 pm

thank you bill mcgoo mike wusses and everyone who had anything to do with it. people like them lost money on it and had a lot of undeserved stress on this event. I flew half way round the world again to ride bikes, camp and drink. not to get all hung up on where i could put my tent. mission was accomplished and fun was had. why get hung up on where it is? just make your fun where you land up. GREAT job everyone. thanks for another memorable trip stateside. thank you so much. you all rule

Commented on 11-7-2011 At 12:45 am

Biltwell did it again! Great times Great people! And a little rain.
Thanks

Commented on 11-7-2011 At 01:40 am

FUCK THE COPS!!! I was driven to High Desert on Martin Luther King Jr's b.day weekend for "physc evaluation".....when they took me back to Quentin a few days later they drove me Delano for another "physc evaluation".....before that the Lt of Quentin told me he didn't know what to do with me...."all of my officers are pulling their hair out trying to figure out what to do with you Fischer"...I said, "my back is fucked-up and I need pain pills".........he said, "shut-up before I charge you with inciting a riot...it's known all over this facility that you're the Shot Caller for the Mob"....I laughed and told him I hadn't seen any wise guys there...kicked out of Quentin twice....I ride my bicycle on the sidewalk, against traffic day or night without lights or reflecters....FUCK THE COPS....IN THE NECK!!!!

Commented on 11-8-2011 At 06:59 pm

Well all bullshit aside! I road with good friends in the pooring ass rain for 100 plus miles, there and back! It was Hell!!!!! had a Blast at the Wells, meat awesome people. So thanx to EVERYONE !!!!! involed who made it a great time regardless! Fuck ya lets go to who the fuck cares, with who the fuck cares, anytime anywhere!!!

Commented on 11-10-2011 At 01:09 pm

the Quentin adventures are a real part of my pre-recovery story...in the 90s the BLM shut down the Barstow to Vegas desert race so the racers ran the "First Annual Barstow to Vegas Unofficial Trail Ride"......and raced anyway!! My point is to do your thing and just call it something else....leave "the man" scratching his head....and,or ass............

Commented on 12-2-2011 At 07:00 am

Shooter, that's basically exactly what we did, and they were highly confused!